× Members

pip

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116098 by keanda
pip was created by keanda
I am currently in receipt of DLA which was due for renewal at end of May 14. Letter arrived today explaining that it is PIP that I need to apply for and says I have until 14/2/14 to make the initial phone call to get the claim started.
I assume that the first part is fairly straightforward and that I would have 4 weeks from the date I receive the PIP2 form in order to get it completed and obtain further evidence to send it off. Is it worth using the next few weeks to try and get the further evidence sorted and maybe get an appointement with someone who could help me fill out the form and then phoning them and having 4 weeks from the form being sent out?.
Anyone who has phoned to get the claim started was it just basic questions ie NI number, bank details etc. I saw one item that asked about time out of the country, is this about whether you have been on holiday ie 1 week in the summer or are they meaning claiments who maybe stay in Spain for several months over the winter etc.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116102 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip
Hi Keanda,

Good thinking! it would be useful to start getting your evidence together before you make the initial PIP phone call. This is fairly basic at this stage - the quation regarding time abroad does mean any time, DWP can then decide how relevant it is to your claim.

Our PIP guide is here

Help for PIP claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116123 by keanda
Replied by keanda on topic pip
Thanks for the reply. I have had a look on the link for PIP1 and the questions seems pretty straightforward.
Just wondering how you find out who it is that carries out the assessments i.e. Atos or Capita. Is there a difference between them and how they carry out the medical/assessment.
thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip

keanda wrote: Thanks for the reply. I have had a look on the link for PIP1 and the questions seems pretty straightforward.
Just wondering how you find out who it is that carries out the assessments i.e. Atos or Capita. Is there a difference between them and how they carry out the medical/assessment.
thanks

The map on the following link shows which provider is covering which area

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...pip-postcode-map.pdf

The assessment process should be similar if not the same whether it is ATOS doing the assessment or Capita, however, we are aware that Capita ATOS are primarily doing interviews at their PIP assessment centres whereas Capita are doing most in the claimants home.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116145 by Libra45
Replied by Libra45 on topic pip
GORDON, Think you need to read the last few lines of your reply again :unsure: :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.