× Members

ESA, form again

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116120 by MissK
ESA, form again was created by MissK
This is my first post, hope Im doing it right, I have been on IB for about eight years, but then my 365days contribution based came to an end I attended an interview and was placed in the wrag group, but my payments stopped, my condition worsens constantly, and I have now been sent the ESA form to fill in again,

Can I ask if I am not being paid anything, why have I been sent the form and is it worth my while filling it in, and the physical exertion it takes me to get to the atos centre, or is it possible I could be now placed in the support group even after spending this time in the Wrag,

My husband works which is why I cant claim anything but it has been and is a struggle since my Ib was stopped and I can no longer work because of my injury.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116124 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA, form again
I believe you have to continue claiming in order to continue receiving NI contributions but won't have to go to work focused interviews. You may also be placed in the Support Group particularly if your condition has deteriorated. If your placed back on the WRAG you can appeal to be placed in the SG so your payments start again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MissK

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116128 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA, form again

Kathie wrote: This is my first post, hope Im doing it right, I have been on IB for about eight years, but then my 365days contribution based came to an end I attended an interview and was placed in the wrag group, but my payments stopped, my condition worsens constantly, and I have now been sent the ESA form to fill in again,

Can I ask if I am not being paid anything, why have I been sent the form and is it worth my while filling it in, and the physical exertion it takes me to get to the atos centre, or is it possible I could be now placed in the support group even after spending this time in the Wrag,

My husband works which is why I cant claim anything but it has been and is a struggle since my Ib was stopped and I can no longer work because of my injury.

Hi MK,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If no more than 13 months has elapsed since the date of the original WRAG award, it is possible to make a late appeal to be placed into The SG.

The 13 months is rigid, so if more than that time has passed, you can't request a late appeal.

Even though payment of your CB ESA has ceased, you will still get NI Credits towards your State Pension, and whilst you have a continuous assessment of Limited Capability for Work (LCW), as you have, if you are placed into The SG at this, or some future reassessment or review, payments of your CB ESA will be reinstated, and will continue for as long as you remain in The SG.

Have a read through the following :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

So it is worthwhile you continuing with your ESA claim, as you may be placed into The SG.

Have you considered :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "ESA Claims and Appeals - Current forms"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

See also : Qualifying for the Support Group

Whilst in receipt of NI Credits only, you cannot be compelled to take part in WFI's or Work Related Activity.

If you are placed into The SG, although payment of your CB ESA will be reinstated, you will not have to take part in WFI's or WRA.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116150 by MissK
Replied by MissK on topic ESA, form again
Thankyou it is most helpful, I will send the form back I have read through how to fill it in, which was am amazing help, I will let you know how I get on,
thank you again I'm so glad I found this site.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago #116152 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA, form again

MissK wrote: Thankyou it is most helpful, I will send the form back I have read through how to fill it in, which was am amazing help, I will let you know how I get on,
thank you again I'm so glad I found this site.

Hi MK,

You are most welcome !! :)

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your internet browser, that way you can return to it easily if you wish to pose further queries.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.