× Members

Pip medical

More
10 years 3 months ago #116159 by songbird57
Pip medical was created by songbird57
Hello, my husband is going for his medical soon. As yet, he has received no benefits, he worked for 34 years but was retired due to severe clinical depression and anxiety. We did apply for DLA but it was refused. He found a video online of a gent with mental health problems who questioned the nurse doing his medical as to what her qualifications were (an RGN) and after several times of being asked if he wanted to continue with the assessment he refused! Apparently he is still in receipt of his benefits 2 years later. My husband now thinks he might do likewise and I am worried it would go against him. Can anyone advise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116160 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip medical
I suggest that it might not be wise to believe everything that one reads on the internet.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: songbird57

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116161 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Pip medical
There is no reason why you should not ask what qualifications the assessor has. But they may simply answer that they have received training by Atos. Atos have had a lot of criticism for how they assess mental health it is possible they have taken this on board. If you have to appeal the decision and you believe the assessor was not properly qualified this may help your appeal. However I strongly recommend he does NOT refuse to be assessed as this may well result in a denial of entitlement.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Puccalove.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116163 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Pip medical
It is quite possible the individual in question only got their benefits after a lengthy appeals process that could have been avoided. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find the guides helpful.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Puccalove.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.