× Members

Income based ESA, moved to employment agency

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116182 by Triskele
Hi all,

I am on income-based ESA and have just been moved from my advisor at the Job Centre to someone at Maximus Employment. I’ve managed to get them to agree to a phonecall for my first session. Has anyone got any information on what I can expect from them.

I suppose the key question is how different are they from the job centre work related advisors and what can and can’t they make you do?

What’s got me worries is I did a bit of digging and found a job advert for one of Maximus’s employment consultant’s (ESA) and the following were list as key performance indicators:

KPIs

• Full detailed Diagnostic with each customer in months 1&2
• 4 sustainable placements in months 1&2
• 6 sustainable placements in month 3
• 8 sustainable placements month 4 onwards, split 6 Net and 2 Dupe
• Source and introduce 2 Menu Partners relevant to caseload requirements in each months 1-4
If they force me to do all of that, or face sanctions, then I am going to have another nervous breakdown (have clinical severe depression, social anxiety, PTSD and that’s just the problems I have on the mental side of things).

Can you request to be put back to your work related advisor at the Job Centre?

If they say you have to attend a placement or course can you provide a sick note from your GP to say you are not well enough to go on it and is that enough to avoid a sanction?

Any advice, experience or information appreciated, especially any information or documents I should pull together to put across to them the full gamut of my conditions. As you can probably tell I am really anxious about this (on top of a 28 week and no news of a submitted ESA form and a 14 week plus wait for a new claim for PIP).

Yours sincerely,

Triskele
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116186 by Gordon
Triskele

The first thing is to ignore the advert, these advisors are also responsible or placing JSA claimants in work, so many of the items do not apply.

You are required to perform Work Related Activity but cannot be asked to work or to seek work.

You should expect to be asked to prepare documentation such as a CV, attend training courses and possibly carry out volunteer work, failing to do so can lead to your benefit being sanctioned, however, advisors are required to take into account any limitations that result from your condition(s).

A Fit Note may excuse you from participation, however, as you already, by definition. have Limited Capability for Work, I would not expect them to have anything but short term effect.

The following has more information

Changes to ESA Sanctions

Work Programme

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116194 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Income based ESA, moved to employment agency
If there is a dispute over any limitations you have as the result of a medical condition, as in if you are asked to do something you do not think you are well enough to do, then a letter from your GP may help to resolve said dispute, avoid a sanction or help to appeal a sanction. However this letter would have to say more than just that you were not fit to work which, as Gordon says, is already accepted. It would need to say specifically what you were not able to do and why. It may also help to get advice from a disabled people's charity or CAB if this occurs.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.