× Members

Mental or Physical ? ESA

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116203 by Dollydee
Mental or Physical ? ESA was created by Dollydee
Hi, I am confused about the new rule over medication side affects and physical problems as a result of mental health.
Because of PTSD I now have problems going out alone I always need some one with be as I have panic attacks and anxiety and now also find it very hard to speak to people. But also suffer from fibromyalgia and become tired and suffer terrible pain when I try to walk or when attempting to do normal things like having a shower, because I have weekly happenings of incontinence due to IBS. My medication for depression also makes me feel overly tiered as do pain killers for fibromyalgia. The pain of fibromyalgia also stops me going out because I fear if I fall or become unable to carry on walking I will panic causing an attack which I am unable to control then I may also loose bowel control and this is why I only ever go local places and I only go by car so I know I am able to get home. I don't no which category to try to explain each problem in so all the affects of each will be considered.
I will be great for any advice please
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116204 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mental or Physical ? ESA
Dollydee

Even though a year has elapsed since this change came into force there is still no clear guidance on how it is to be operated by the DWP, our best advice is to ignore it and simply complete the ESA50 in as much detail as possible.

Things that you can do is to try and separate your conditions and their symptoms from each other; Fibromyalgia should be considered a physical condition and obviously your depression and social anxiety will fall under the mental health conditions.

That said, don't let this stop you mentioning problems in one category in regard to the other, but do try and separate them out so that the Decision Maker can easily distinguish which condition you are talking about, for example; because of my fibromyalgia I have problems with a, b and c, I also have problems with a and c due to my depression.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please come back to the forum and we will try and help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.