× Members

What letter is normal after submitting and Esa50 ?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116221 by Amy196
I have recently sent in my ESA renewal form (it had to be in 2nd week of January) I was previously put in WRAG and after asking them to reconsider, it was changed to support group.

I never had a decision letter the first time around, I was notifed via the phone. I sent the new one recorded, I have checked it has arrived.

A week prior to this I let them know I had changed address. This morning I have receieved a letter changes in the support allowance rates payable, a 3 page letter saying we have looked at your claim again, and pointing out my rates will rise after april.

There is a summary on the back page listing the amounts, extra for support group and says these will apply until april, after april there is a higher amount.

I am a bit confused about this letter, as I am not aware what the normal letter is after sending an esa 50 in. Do you think this is just a general letter for rate rises, or is this indicating I am staying in support group ?

I have phoned the number on the top to check, but he gave a generic answer that it was a standard letter that gets sent out to all, he also said that the contribution rate wouldn't last as it stops after a year.

Does anyone know if this is the letter you recieve or is it something different.

Its wishful thinking hoping I am staying put, as its only been with them 10 days ish.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116223 by bro58

Amy196 wrote: I have recently sent in my ESA renewal form (it had to be in 2nd week of January) I was previously put in WRAG and after asking them to reconsider, it was changed to support group.

I never had a decision letter the first time around, I was notifed via the phone. I sent the new one recorded, I have checked it has arrived.

A week prior to this I let them know I had changed address. This morning I have receieved a letter changes in the support allowance rates payable, a 3 page letter saying we have looked at your claim again, and pointing out my rates will rise after april.

There is a summary on the back page listing the amounts, extra for support group and says these will apply until april, after april there is a higher amount.

I am a bit confused about this letter, as I am not aware what the normal letter is after sending an esa 50 in. Do you think this is just a general letter for rate rises, or is this indicating I am staying in support group ?

I have phoned the number on the top to check, but he gave a generic answer that it was a standard letter that gets sent out to all, he also said that the contribution rate wouldn't last as it stops after a year.

Does anyone know if this is the letter you recieve or is it something different.

Its wishful thinking hoping I am staying put, as its only been with them 10 days ish.

Hi A196,

I agree that it can be confusing.

We have had members who have received similar letters, who have then found that they have been kept in The SG after a reassessment.

However, the timescales involved in receiving notice of a fresh SG decision after sending your ESA50 in, especially in the current climate, do seem somewhat short.

It is also around this time of year that letters are sent out regarding the annual uprating of benefits.

The best that I can suggest, is to ring the number once more, and request an escalation to a Superviser/Manager, as the information that you were given previously was inadequate.

You should then receive a call-back from a more senior DWP employee.

One would surmise, that if a fresh decision had been made that the prognosis of the fresh SG award would be on their computer screens.

That is of course if their systems have been updated to reflect this.

Another option that may give some indication, would be to contact ATOS to see whether they had carried out a paper assessment on the recent ESA50, and returned their recommendations to The DWP :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please do return to this topic, when you have further clarification on this.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago #116229 by Gordon
Amy

Just to add, the DWP have begun to send out letters with the April benefit increases.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, Amy196

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116369 by FoxyLady2
OK I’m in almost exactly the same situation as Amy !! – I have just sent my ESA50 form back and apparently it was marked as received on 14th Jan (I was originally migrated from IB into the wrag without a medical – appealed and placed in the support group after a Tribunal – also just notified the DWP of a change of address)

I then received an uprating of benefit letter which states that
“from 14th Jan your ESA will be ….” – and it is the support group rate (with a strange disability premium as I have explained elsewhere)
If this was just a standard ESA uprating letter then it wouldn’t mention 14th Jan would it?
so does it mean I’ve been reassessed and remain in the support group?
In theory, nothing has changed since the tribunal, so they could make a quick decision I guess
I can’t phone them because I keep failing the security questions – I have written about the disability premium, but don’t know how quickly they will respond.

What letter would you normally receive telling you of their decision if you didn’t have a face-to-face medical?
Thanks for any help

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116371 by bro58

FoxyLady2 wrote: OK I’m in almost exactly the same situation as Amy !! – I have just sent my ESA50 form back and apparently it was marked as received on 14th Jan (I was originally migrated from IB into the wrag without a medical – appealed and placed in the support group after a Tribunal – also just notified the DWP of a change of address)

I then received an uprating of benefit letter which states that
“from 14th Jan your ESA will be ….” – and it is the support group rate (with a strange disability premium as I have explained elsewhere)
If this was just a standard ESA uprating letter then it wouldn’t mention 14th Jan would it?
so does it mean I’ve been reassessed and remain in the support group?
In theory, nothing has changed since the tribunal, so they could make a quick decision I guess
I can’t phone them because I keep failing the security questions – I have written about the disability premium, but don’t know how quickly they will respond.

What letter would you normally receive telling you of their decision if you didn’t have a face-to-face medical?
Thanks for any help

Hi FL2,

If a decision had been made on the same day that ATOS received your ESA50, I think that would be some kind of record !! :)

ATOS would first have to compile an ESA85A medical report, then return it to the DWP DM to make a decision.

It may be possible, but highly improbable.

The date 14/01/14 is more likely to be a coincidence, and is simply a date being used as a reference point.

I can't really add much more than has already been said.

I don't quite understand your comments :

"I can’t phone them because I keep failing the security questions"

The security questions are generally your address, postcode, DOB, NI Number, and maybe confirmation of what benefits you are in receipt of.

As previously suggested, you could e-mail ATOS.

I'm afraid that any other advice given by me, or anyone else, would be pure speculation. :(

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.