× Members

strange payment

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116267 by FoxyLady2
strange payment was created by FoxyLady2
I'm in support group and get 213 each fortnight marked as DWP EESA in my bank statement - this week nothing went in on Monday - I panicked (as you do !!!) since I had just completed and sent off another ESA50 form due in last week and of course I thought it perhaps hadn't got there etc . phoned Job Centre up and they said there had been an error on their system and the money would be in by Thursday (they also checked and re-assured me my form had been received by ATOS - it was a nice man on the phone !!)

but having checked my bank account - it shows a payment of £228.15 marked as DWP JSA and a long string of numbers

does anyone know what this is about? had anything similar? very generous of them to give me an extra £15.15 but why?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116275 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic strange payment
FL

I can't explain the extra £15.15, although it does correspond to the Enhanced Disability Premium, are you in the ESA Support Group?

The reference to JSA is likely because the ESA payment system is installed on top of the JSA one, this would have been an ad hoc payment and either the DWP advisor has forgotten to indicate that it is a ESA payment or the facility for them to do so does not exist.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: FoxyLady2

More
10 years 3 months ago #116281 by FoxyLady2
Replied by FoxyLady2 on topic strange payment
yes ESA support group but contributions based

they do owe me the Christmas bonus which I never got, although I do think I qualify for it, but I think that is £10

I think I'll wait and see what happens in a fortnight - one phone call to them in a week is enough !

thanks

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116340 by FoxyLady2
OK now got a letter stating that from Jan 14th I am entitled to £121.65 a week (was 105.05) with no explanation - (the only thing that has changed is my address which I just notified them of)

could they have suddenly switched me from contributions based to income based without telling me or sending me any forms to fill in?

tried to phone, but got in such a muddle that I failed their security questions.

I was on incapacity benefit - assessed for ESA (WRAG) - appealed -won and put in support group - all contributions based (got the back pay) (Thanks to your website !!!!!)

could they have got muddled about being in WRAG and switched me somehow over to income related when I moved to support group, but then I would always have been entitled to this disability premium ??

Oh shit I hate trying to sort out this kind of thing - the new assessment form has only just gone in
I guess I'll have to try and write (which means another trip to the PO for recorded) could really do without this since feeling pretty bad at the moment.

How are they ever going to cope with Universal Credit if they can't even do a simple change of address !!!!!

More
10 years 3 months ago #116343 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic strange payment
FoxyLady2

It is possible that you are being paid an ESA(IR) top up to your ESA(CB) payments because you are in the Support Group and in principal, you are eligible for the Enhanced Disability Premium, however, I would not have expected this to have happened without your having completed an ESA3.

I am afraid the bottom line is that you need to contact the DWP to find out why there has been a change.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: FoxyLady2

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116348 by FoxyLady2
I know but why suddenly now ? - I've been in the support group for almost 2 years with no disability premium?

well I've written a letter - hope they can sort it out -

thanks for your help - I wouldn't have realised it could be a disability premium since I'd never heard of them

can I just check
I get £213 per fortnight - is that the right contributions rate? or is there an extra top-up in that?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.