× Members

ESA MEDICAL TODAY!

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116319 by Minx34
ESA MEDICAL TODAY! was created by Minx34
Hi all! I am 45 with Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis, I got sacked from my job of 13 years in June last year due to ill health. I have worked all of my life and had no desire to be put in the "support group" ,as I want to work, but cannot work full time and cannot just take "any job".
I had my medical today at Fiveways in Birmingham. Having read stuff on here of other people's experience it was not quite what I expected! I was seen relatively quickly, she was a Physiothearpist. I had no physical examination and was in there for less than half an hour. She asked about walking, house work, personal care, last job, shopping etc and all the time was typing, so I can only assume that she was going to fill in the "check boxes" after I left. She said she was not so bothered about what my illness was but more how it affected my life.
It seemed very short and with no physical exam. I am wondering if this is good or bad and if anyone else has had a similar experience and what the DWP outcome was?!
x
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116321 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA MEDICAL TODAY!
Hi Minx and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, you might find this helpful.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

What you have told us does not sound particularly surprising, I would not have expected you to undergo any form of medical examination. Have a look at the FAQ, it will give you an idea of what usually happens.

ESA Medical – What to expect

If you have any further questions, please come back and ask them on this topic. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite on your web browser, now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.