× Members

CONCERNED

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116333 by Patel
CONCERNED was created by Patel
I am in Support Group. Delivered ESA50 renewal form by hand to ATOS office on 17th May013.
Was told we dont issue receipts. As delivered by hand issue of non receipt does not arise.Payments still coming. Today received notification of changes in April014.Now 8 months
have gone bye no word from them. Quick analysis of waiting time done from recent posts done.
Conclusion around12% have waited over 9 months, soon approaching that time limit. Last checked with GP about ESA113 in early Dec not received. Checked with yourselves at 6 months and decided wait the onus is on them to contact me.
Prefer to stand by my earlier decision, however do not want to be guinea pig waiting 1 year
as some posts indicate repurcussions, if waiting time is excessive. Fully understand contact
will not jepordise situation.
What is your advice?
Regards
Patel
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116334 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CONCERNED
Patel

Our experience is that even if the claimant chases up on the assessment process, it does not hurry it up, ATOS will process it in their own time (or not), the only likely actions that will move the process forward are a formal complaint to the DWP and ATOS (may help) and involving their MP (usually effective).

The issue for the claimant if they have waited a considerable period of time, is that their conditions may have changed!

If they have got worse then you can continue to provide information to both ATOS and the DWP about how they have worsened. I would keep it in the same format as the ESA50, so if your mobility is worse refer to Question1, if you have epilepsy; Question 6 and so on.

The biggest problem is when your condition has improved, you may have legitimately qualified if assessed just after your ESA50 was submitted, but now may struggle. Unfortunately ATOS are not very good at looking historically at a claimants conditions, they prefer to make a recommendation based on how they are on the day of the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.