× Members

ESA WRAG Incorrect records

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116358 by Tilly
ESA WRAG Incorrect records was created by Tilly
I had a Post Work Program interview at the JCP today. I discovered that the computer records available for the advisor to consult did not mention the main condition preventing me from working !
I suffer from ME/CFS but struggled to have a proper formal diagnosis for years. I was initialy wrongly diagnosed with depression but managed to get a diagnosis in 2009. I sent the diagnosis letter at each reassesment in 2010 (IB), 2011, 2012 and 2013 with my ESA forms. Despite this the computer recordsshow no sign of such diagnosis.
The advisor told me I have to write recorded to the benefit office to have this amended.
How shall I go about it to have CFS/ME recorded as main illness and other conditions (also ignored!) as secondary?
I wonder if this missing information could have any bearings on the frequent reassessments I had and possibly the decisions?
(I am still waiting for a medical call/decision for ESA50 sent in July to Atos)
Should I ask the DWP for my records?
Thanks for any help
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116359 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WRAG Incorrect records
Tilly.

I think it unlikely that a failure to properly record your main illness will have any significant impact on how often you are re-assessed, ESA Decisions are not based on your conditions but on the limitations that result from those conditions in carrying out a range of daily tasks.

I would start by writing to the DWP explaining the error and asking them to update their system, but you should be aware that the JC+ staff only have limited access to you full computer record and it is perfectly possible that the full record is correct.

If you want to get a copy of your computer record then you should make a Subject Access Request for this information. there is a guide to making this request in the Members Only area.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...eneral-benefits-info

Don't expect too much they will print the record as is, there will be no key as to what the information relates to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116360 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic ESA WRAG Incorrect records
Thanks a lot Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.