× Members

Work Programme

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116361 by RachelPotter
Work Programme was created by RachelPotter
Hi,
At the end of 2012 the Job Centre 'handed me over' to A4e. I had a letter through and duly attended an initial meeting in January 2013.
I have heard nothing since. Is this the norm? Have I been 'parked'? and what will happen next? Any insight gratefully received.

Rachel.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116362 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Programme

RachelPotter wrote: Hi,
At the end of 2012 the Job Centre 'handed me over' to A4e. I had a letter through and duly attended an initial meeting in January 2013.
I have heard nothing since. Is this the norm? Have I been 'parked'? and what will happen next? Any insight gratefully received.

Rachel.

It is unusual, Work Programme providers are paid a bounty to place JSA and ESA claimants into work, so they are usually all over claimants trying o achieve this, however unrealistic it might be.

Providing you are still being paid ESA at the full rate and you are not hoping to return to work in the short term then I would leave well alone. Work Programme assignments last for two years after which you should be returned to the "care" of your local JC+ office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RachelPotter

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #116365 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Work Programme
Thank you Gordon,
I did think it was strange but there has been no change in payments and as I'm not well enough to leave the house on my own most days, I'm not complaining :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.