× Members

never had medical?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116399 by sonnyboyo
never had medical? was created by sonnyboyo
i have been receiving DLA & SDA since the early 1990s i had a couple of medicals back then in the 90s. i am now married and my wife works 25hrs per week at £7.50 per hour. i have not been called in for any kind of medical assessment foe nearly 20yrs while everyone i know who receives disability benefits gets called in for a medical twice per year. have i been forgotten about? everyone i know is now claiming ESA & DLA yet i never hear from the DHSS ?why
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116401 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic never had medical?
Hi sb,

As you say, it is unusual to be left for this long without any reassessment. Everyone on SDA will be sent forms to be assessed for the new benefit, ESA, at some stage but the migration process is very behind schedule so I cannot say when you will be contacted.

The Transfer Process

DLA is also changing to a benefit called PIP (for those between 16 and 65ish) but , assuming you have an indefinite award and are between these ages, I would not expect you to be contacted regarding this until 2015 at the earliest.

The new benefits are very different from DLA and SDA, qualification for the older benefits does not guarantee eligibility for the new ones.

In the first instance, it might be worth having a look at our ESA resources so that you are ahead of the game when you are sent the ESA claim forms.

ESA claims and appeals

ESA FAQs

IB/IS/SDA transfer FAQs

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tidied up link

More
10 years 3 months ago #116411 by sonnyboyo
Replied by sonnyboyo on topic never had medical?
thankyou for your reply i will take your advice

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.