× Members

more money in support group?

• sunnyrs
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116417 by sunnyrs
more money in support group? was created by sunnyrs
Hi, I read somewhere on here that you get a bit more money in the support group. I've just been moved from the WRAG to the SG but my money is the same?
It does say my amount includes £5.50 a week for the transition from IB to ESA, but I don't actually get any more.
Since the ESA (C) is taxable I actually get less than when I was on IB.

Thanks for your help.

sunnyrs
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116419 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic more money in support group?

sunnyrs wrote: Hi, I read somewhere on here that you get a bit more money in the support group. I've just been moved from the WRAG to the SG but my money is the same?
It does say my amount includes £5.50 a week for the transition from IB to ESA, but I don't actually get any more.
Since the ESA (C) is taxable I actually get less than when I was on IB.

Thanks for your help.

sunnyrs

If you have only been moved recently then the DWP may not have had time to update your payments, it can take 6-8 week for this to happen.

The SG pays about £6 per week more than the WRAG. If the new Decision relates back to your transfer from IB then the DWP should be calculating your payments from scratch. If you are currently receiving a Transitional Payment of £5.50 a week then you may not actually see much of an increase, however, your being in the Support Group entitles you to also receive the Enhanced Disability Premium (about £15/w) if you are also entitled to an Income Related ESA top-up to your current ESA(CB) payments.

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

The forum has now closed, but if you have any questions on the above, please reply to this post when we are next open.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyrs

More
10 years 3 months ago #116420 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic more money in support group?
I think that the OP was getting more than the WRAG amount under transitional protection so hasn't seen a raise with the move to the Support Group...

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyrs

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.