× Members

PIP form, question 13c and agoraphobia

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116427 by bbzpda
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences of handling question 13c on new PIP form? This is the one about being unable to go out because of severe anxiety.

I have agoraphobia and so this is a key question for me. But not sure about the boxes which say 'Yes', 'No', 'Sometimes'. Like most anxiety conditions agoraphobia can vary, so what's the best approach?

cheers

PD
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116432 by
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The best approach is to state how it is pertaining to your own limitations, rather than feeling obliged to use any of the tick box options.

The guidance states that you should answer on how you are for the majority of the time gauged over a 12 months period.

Therefore, if you feel that your limitations affect you for the majority of the time, as above, it is fine to tick "Yes" then go into detail.

If you feel that none of the tick box options are applicable, then state this and go into detail below in the text box or on added A4 pages.

Also, to be assessed as being able to carry out any of the actions, you must be able to do so "Reliably".

"Reliably" is a very important aspect of PIP, as you will see from the bottom of Page 14 of our PIP Claims Guide, as below.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Agoraphobia is mentioned at the bottom of Page 50.

Have a read through from Page 43 onwards, as well.

Variable conditions are addressed from Page 17 onwards.

You may also like to take our PIP Self Test, if you have not already done so :

PIP information, including PIP Self Test

There is further information on PIP in The Spotlights Area :

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

Hope this helps.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

More
10 years 3 months ago #116437 by bbzpda
Replied by bbzpda on topic PIP form, question 13c and agoraphobia
Hi Bro58

Great answer - many thanks. :cheer:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.