× Members

Obtaining All DWP ATOS records

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116470 by brownpaperbag18
Obtaining All DWP ATOS records was created by brownpaperbag18
Sadly I have scored zero points in the WCA work of fiction report and need to obtain all IS to ESA transfer records concerning the DWP ATOS correspondance via a subject access request.

Can you point in me in the direction of information on SAR's. Will a request to DWP get the full ATOS side or do I need to SAR ATOS seperately.

Due to other circumstances I cannot go down the Mandatory Reconsideration/Appeal route as I would not be eligible for Income Related ESA so the SAR route is the only way I can find out who said what.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116479 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Obtaining All DWP ATOS records

inspiredtoact wrote: Sadly I have scored zero points in the WCA work of fiction report and need to obtain all IS to ESA transfer records concerning the DWP ATOS correspondance via a subject access request.

Can you point in me in the direction of information on SAR's. Will a request to DWP get the full ATOS side or do I need to SAR ATOS seperately.

Due to other circumstances I cannot go down the Mandatory Reconsideration/Appeal route as I would not be eligible for Income Related ESA so the SAR route is the only way I can find out who said what.

I think you are confusing Mandatory Reconsiderations with other things :)

Whatever other action you take, you cannot challenge this Decision without requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration, unless you are not subject to an MR, in which case you can lodge an appeal, however, I would not expect this to be the case.

You can request the documentation used in the Decision from the DWP, they hold all of the information, ATOS hold no on-going records of the assessment. This can be in the form of a Subject Access Request, however you may be able to get copies of the documentation simply by phoning the DWP office that dealt with your ESA claim.

If you do want to raise a SAR then there is a guide in the Members Only Area that explains the process.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...eneral-benefits-info

The following has a list of documents likely to be available

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116497 by brownpaperbag18
Replied by brownpaperbag18 on topic Obtaining All DWP ATOS records
Ok, I may not have worded this clearly.

Thank you for your reply and pointer to SAR info.

Due to a pending change of circumstances SEPERATE from the ES/ESA transfer debacle, I will soon not be eligible for Income Related ESA or income related JSA or income related means tested anything, i.e. for other reasons, no benefit entitlement. I Too right I would like to contest the decision. I still have the same medical issues I've had for the past 3 decades. However, my understanding is that it is only worth doing MR and Appeal if a person still has underlying eligibility for means tested benefits. Otherwise - is it worth it?

But I do want to find out what happened to score zero points.

Thus my reason for SAR is to obtain full information about the transfer period as I do not see any other way of doing this. What I am doing is exploring my options.

As I also get DLA at present, which I understand is not subject to means-testing (unless something has changed), a zero points WCA result could impact on this.

Hence my need to find out all I can.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116499 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Obtaining All DWP ATOS records
inspiredtoact

If you are not entitled to any means tested benefit due to your personal circumstances, then the obvious question is do you have any entitlement to Contribution Based ESA? This will depend on whether you were transferred from another benefit such as IB, or had been working prior to claiming ESA.

If you do not have any entitlement to any flavour of ESA, then the only remaining benefit of challenging the Decision is to receive NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension, but you will still have to go through regular assessment to maintain your eligibility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.