× Members

ESA50 "late" so I'm Fit for Work!

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116485 by DeusExMacintosh
ESA50 "late" so I'm Fit for Work! was created by DeusExMacintosh
:angry:

My reminder letter from ATOS said to have the ESA50 in by 16 January. It went to the address quoted on that letter Special Delivery on 14 January, got to the address 15 January, but was then redirected AT RECIPIENTS REQUEST to officially arrive 16 January.

They wrote second class to tell me it was due on 15 January, that I'd gone from the Support Group to declared "Fit for Work" because of this and the notification arrived 22 January. Ran around like a headless chook and had Jobcentre fax the various proofs of postage, correspondence etc. the same day as well as posting a hardcopy recorded delivery (proof now safely downloaded).

My Disability Employment Advisor at the Jobcentre now tells me my claim was reinstated the next day and that the ESA50 will now be considered as normal, but that hasn't stopped my Housing Benefit and Council Tax benefit being stopped by the local council and I'm still awaiting proof of the ESA reinstatement. If DLA is stopped as well my area has just been included in the PIP transfer roll out so I get to reapply for a whole new even more restricted benefit and possibly lose my Motability eligibility (so no replacement Mobility Scooter anytime soon).

And it's my birthday today. :pinch:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by AaronL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AaronL
10 years 3 months ago #116491 by AaronL
Replied by AaronL on topic ESA50 "late" so I'm Fit for Work!
Happy birthday. :)
Your DLA claim won't be stopped just because your ESA claim has been stopped, this is because they are separate benefits, but eventually all DLA claimants will be reassessed for PIP and judging by your post that could be soon.
HB and CTB can be reinstated or at worst you could make a new claim for these benefits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.