× Members

Postal addresses changes can they cause delays?

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116531 by teabag
Hi just wondered if anyone else has had to send forms back to Wolverhampton instead of addresses on their letters?
Wondering if this is likely to cause delays your thoughts would be appreciated.

Why am i asking well i had to send a form back with regards to money owed to me after my DLA tribunal letter came from Cardiff and I rang the number on this letter because they hadnt included another form which they said i also had to fill out, this was sent from Blackpool.
Both forms had enclosed addressed freepost 2nd class envelopes the address on both envelopes was for Disability Centre 6, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton.

I phoned to check if this was correct and at first the person said no, both forms should go back to Blackpool I asked if he was sure and could he check on checking he was obviously looking at something he said surprised Oh Know, they do go back to Wolverhampton thats must be a new postal address.

So maybe this will cause an even longer wait for monies owed as well as regular payments of DLA I've already been waiting just over 2 weeks. Any thoughts? and is Wolverhampton now the postal address for all areas?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116532 by bro58

teabag wrote: Hi just wondered if anyone else has had to send forms back to Wolverhampton instead of addresses on their letters?

Why am i asking well i had to send a form back with regards to money owed to me after my DLA tribunal letter came from Cardiff and I rang the number on this letter because they hadnt included another form which they said i also had to fill out, this was sent from Blackpool.
Both forms had enclosed addressed freepost 2nd class envelopes the address on both envelopes was for Disability Centre 6, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton.

I phoned to check if this was correct and at first the person said no, both forms should go back to Blackpool I asked if he was sure and could he check on checking he was obviously looking at something he said surprised Oh Know, they do go back to Wolverhampton thats must be a new postal address.

So maybe this will cause an even longer wait for monies owed as well as regular payments of DLA I've already been waiting just over 2 weeks. Any thoughts? and is Wolverhampton now the postal address for all areas?

Hi tb,

Wolverhampton is a large DWP Mail Distribution Centre, from there, the pre-paid envelope provided will be forwarded to the relevant DWP department.

I would always advise that any documentation that has to be returned to The DWP or ATOS is returned to the address provided if using your own larger envelope, or in the envelope provided where possible.

The days when documents were sent to your local DWP office are long gone. There is another large DWP Mail Distribution Centre in Jupiter Drive, Chester.

Obviously, it will depend on where you live with respect to the return address given.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago #116533 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

teabag wrote: Hi just wondered if anyone else has had to send forms back to Wolverhampton instead of addresses on their letters?

Hi tb,

Wolverhampton is a large DWP Mail Distribution Centre, from there, the pre-paid envelope provided will be forwarded to the relevant DWP department.

I would always advise that any documentation that has to be returned to The DWP or ATOS is returned to the address provided if using your own larger envelope, or in the envelope provided where possible.

The days when documents were sent to your local DWP office are long gone. There is another large DWP Mail Distribution Centre in Jupiter Drive, Chester.

Obviously, it will depend on where you live with respect to the return address given.

bro58

Hi tb,

Remember :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.