× Members

ESA Appeal Advice Please

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116545 by Martin S
ESA Appeal Advice Please was created by Martin S
Hi, am new to your excellent forum, so would apologise that my first post is to ask for advice.
In June of last year after being placed in the WRAG I sent in an appeal in a GL24 as I felt I have been placed in the wrong group.
Approximately 2-3 later I telephoned to confirm they had received my documents and was told that they were so snowed under with work that it would be several months before I heard from them.
Around Christmas time I again telephoned to be told they could not trace my appeal but if I were to send a letter from my doctor to the office that deals with my payments that would suffice??
I have since enquired at my local JCP office to be told that they now have no trace of my appeal.
So my question is: Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem, or am I now going to be fobbed off with being way out of time?
Thank you in advance for any constructive advice.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116554 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal Advice Please
Martin

It sounds like you will have to send in a new GL24 with your reasons for being Late being the fact that the DWP have lost your original appeal.

I would also make a formal complaint to the DWP over (a) the lost GL24 and (b) the advice to send a doctors letter, which would only have resulted in a Reconsideration not an appeal.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris