× Members

ESA Appeal Advice Please

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116545 by Martin S
ESA Appeal Advice Please was created by Martin S
Hi, am new to your excellent forum, so would apologise that my first post is to ask for advice.
In June of last year after being placed in the WRAG I sent in an appeal in a GL24 as I felt I have been placed in the wrong group.
Approximately 2-3 later I telephoned to confirm they had received my documents and was told that they were so snowed under with work that it would be several months before I heard from them.
Around Christmas time I again telephoned to be told they could not trace my appeal but if I were to send a letter from my doctor to the office that deals with my payments that would suffice??
I have since enquired at my local JCP office to be told that they now have no trace of my appeal.
So my question is: Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem, or am I now going to be fobbed off with being way out of time?
Thank you in advance for any constructive advice.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116554 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal Advice Please
Martin

It sounds like you will have to send in a new GL24 with your reasons for being Late being the fact that the DWP have lost your original appeal.

I would also make a formal complaint to the DWP over (a) the lost GL24 and (b) the advice to send a doctors letter, which would only have resulted in a Reconsideration not an appeal.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.