× Members

DWP home visit!

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116575 by Von
DWP home visit! was created by Von
I have received a text message telling me that a visit by DWP is booked for Wednesday 5 th Feb just out of the blue, no letter so I rang the number? Apparently I will be given a letter stating that I have been overpaid; the person wouldn't tell me anymore. Does this sound right, why not just post the letter?

I do supported permitted work for the NHS only 6 days per year which falls below the threshold of £20 a week which benefits know about they have had payslips etc., i get local housing allowance council tax benefit, income related ESA extra support group disability enhancement and middle rate care, low mobility DLA and extra benefit because I live alone without a Carer so as far as I know I've not claimed anything I'm not entitled to. Anyone any ideas to help me through this big worry? I'm in the middle of a medication change so my moods are all over the place and feel physically ill.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #116577 by
Replied by on topic DWP home visit!

Von wrote: I have received a text message telling me that a visit by DWP is booked for Wednesday 5 th Feb just out of the blue, no letter so I rang the number? Apparently I will be given a letter stating that I have been overpaid; the person wouldn't tell me anymore. Does this sound right, why not just post the letter?

I do supported permitted work for the NHS only 6 days per year which falls below the threshold of £20 a week which benefits know about they have had payslips etc., i get local housing allowance council tax benefit, income related ESA extra support group disability enhancement and middle rate care, low mobility DLA and extra benefit because I live alone without a Carer so as far as I know I've not claimed anything I'm not entitled to. Anyone any ideas to help me through this big worry? I'm in the middle of a medication change so my moods are all over the place and feel physically ill.

Hi V,

It sounds like an interview with a DWP Compliance Officer.

This interview will probably entail looking at your bank details, and any details regarding income from the work that you do.

A Compliance Interview, can be simply triggered at random, as the result of a malicious phone call or letter, or due to a mix up.

These interviews are not uncommon, and as long as nothing is amiss, all should be fine.

I do think that it is unacceptable that the appointment was made by text !!

You can have someone else present for support if you wish.

Please return to let us know how you got on.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago #116975 by Von
Replied by Von on topic DWP home visit!
The visit was about an overpayment of £540.35 because of how payroll have worded my payslips one payslip looks like I've earned over £500 in one month. The DWP lady was very nice she said they do a visit to tell the person than giving them a shock if it arrives by post - yeah right! The strain has been unbearable, still is. I now have to prove that the decision is wrong or pay it back. Payroll are not helping me with this so struggling to know how I can prove it?

More
10 years 3 months ago #116984 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic DWP home visit!
It is always worth challenging an overpayment decision as they are often wrong. Benefits law is very complicated and the DWP often make mistakes themselves. You will need face to face advice from somewhere like the CAB to challenge the decision successfully
The following user(s) said Thank You: Von

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris