× Members

ESA I/R WRAG Jobcentre Interviews.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116587 by weymouth321
ESA I/R WRAG Jobcentre Interviews. was created by weymouth321
Hello, I have been seeing my Jobcentre Advisor, since I was dismissed on health grounds ; July 2011. R. A. I am 56. The advisor is looking at me getting back into paid work. I am currently appealing my DLA. Have just had the Atos Doctor `s home visit. I did something really stupid by signing the form after the 1 1/2 visit, without reading through it first. Yes, a copy of it has since been sent to me. Why do they want further information ? The one I filled out is more detailed and informative, than this Atos Dr.s one. Although, it took 1 1/2 hours , he failed to write much of the info I was telling him. His writing is very poor.
Secondly, I am thinking of becoming a carer, preferably for the 20 hours per week, than the 35.
If I do become a carer, is one obliged to continue to attend the Work Focused Interviews with the disability advisor ? I am claiming ESA I/R Wrag. Many Thanks, Josie.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116600 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA I/R WRAG Jobcentre Interviews.

josie wrote: Hello, I have been seeing my Jobcentre Advisor, since I was dismissed on health grounds ; July 2011. R. A. I am 56. The advisor is looking at me getting back into paid work. I am currently appealing my DLA. Have just had the Atos Doctor `s home visit. I did something really stupid by signing the form after the 1 1/2 visit, without reading through it first. Yes, a copy of it has since been sent to me. Why do they want further information ? The one I filled out is more detailed and informative, than this Atos Dr.s one. Although, it took 1 1/2 hours , he failed to write much of the info I was telling him. His writing is very poor.
Secondly, I am thinking of becoming a carer, preferably for the 20 hours per week, than the 35.
If I do become a carer, is one obliged to continue to attend the Work Focused Interviews with the disability advisor ? I am claiming ESA I/R Wrag. Many Thanks, Josie.

Hi J,

Being a "carer" does not exempt you from WFI/WRA in itself.

You must be in receipt of The Carer Premium (CP), or Carers Allowance (CA), as explained in this FAQ :

Work Focused Interviews

You would have to be providing care for someone else for at least 35 hours/week to be entitled to CA or The CP.

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance

As it seems that your in receipt of ESA you could not also receive CA, as it is an overlapping benefit, however if you were providing the 35 hours/week care, and therefore had an underlying entitlement to CA, as you get IR ESA, you may receive The CP as an IR ESA top-up.

You should also consider whether the actions that you will carry out in your caring responsibilities are in direct conflict with the limitations that placed you into The WRAG.

You may wish to seek advice on this before making a commitment.

Where to get advice?

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.