× Members

ESA IR in Support Group why is my wife called

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116601 by redgt9
I;m sorry to trouble you, I am in a support group on ESA Income Related, my wife has just been asked to goto a Work Focust Interview, My wife is in work and works for 12 hours per week, my wife is very worried about this can some one please let me know what this means.
Thank you.
Graham.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116603 by Gordon

redgt9 wrote: I;m sorry to trouble you, I am in a support group on ESA Income Related, my wife has just been asked to goto a Work Focust Interview, My wife is in work and works for 12 hours per week, my wife is very worried about this can some one please let me know what this means.
Thank you.
Graham.

The partners of claimants claiming ESA(IR) are required to attend WFI's as one of the conditions of entitlement, if they are not working full time.

The interview is required and your benefit can be sanctioned if your wife does not attend, but they are usually just a formality, especially as she is working at least part time, they will most likely ask if there is anything they can do to help her work more hours.

Interviews can be more frequent but are not usually more than once every three years.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: redgt9

More
10 years 3 months ago #116644 by redgt9
Hi Gordon, I just want to thank you for your reply and time. The Forum was closed before I could thank you last night, thanks again.
Graham.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.