× Members

How long before tribunal do you get the paperwork?

• SuzyRSopham
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116608 by SuzyRSopham
Hi
I have a claim going to appeal. I appealed the decision last May and with the appeal, sent the letter you recommend to request all documentation.
I STILL have no date for the appeal but haven't received any paperwork either.
I'd really like to know what is in it a good time before the actual hearing so that I can work at getting further evidence but I can't really do a lot of that until I get the papers.
I don't have a tribunal date yet either.
I want to chase it up but the thought of phoning someone up is like the idea of poking a sleeping lion so I'm not keen to do that.
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116610 by Gordon

SuzyRSopham wrote: Hi
I have a claim going to appeal. I appealed the decision last May and with the appeal, sent the letter you recommend to request all documentation.
I'd really like to know what is in it a good time before the actual hearing so that I can work at getting further evidence but I can't really do a lot of that until I get the papers.
I want to chase it up but the thought of phoning someone up is like the idea of poking a sleeping lion so I'm not keen to do that.
Thanks

You should have received all of the documents used in the making of the Decision within one month of the DWP passing your appeal to the Tribunal, usually the "packet" is sent out within days.

You need to call the Tribunal Service to find our what is going on with your appeal and to request a copy of the documents. Have you received the letter from the Tribunal Service asking you to confirm that you want to continue with your appeal? This has a unique reference number on it for your case and the phone number of the TS unit dealing with your appeal.

If you have not received this letter from the Tribunal Service, then it suggests that that your appeal request was not processed correctly by the DWP, start by ringing the TS to confirm whether an appeal has been accepted, the following should allow you to identify the office likely to be dealing with your claim

courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/

If no appeal has been received then you will need to contact the DWP, phone the office that usually deals with the benefit you are appealing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuzyRSopham

More
10 years 3 months ago #116611 by Billy
Hi Suzy
I have found that if you send your SAR request with your appeal the majority of the time DWP do not forward the SAR to the Data controller and it is best to send another SAR to the Data controller
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuzyRSopham

10 years 3 months ago #116613 by
Hi S,

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

• SuzyRSopham
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #116618 by SuzyRSopham
Replied by SuzyRSopham on topic How long before tribunal do you get the paperwork?

bro58 wrote: Hi S,

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

No, it isn't my real name. But thanks for the thought.

• SuzyRSopham
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #116619 by SuzyRSopham
Replied by SuzyRSopham on topic How long before tribunal do you get the paperwork?

Gordon wrote:

SuzyRSopham wrote: Hi
Thanks

You should have received all of the documents used in the making of the Decision within one month of the DWP passing your appeal to the Tribunal, usually the "packet" is sent out within days.

You need to call the Tribunal Service to find our what is going on with your appeal and to request a copy of the documents. Have you received the letter from the Tribunal Service asking you to confirm that you want to continue with your appeal? This has a unique reference number on it for your case and the phone number of the TS unit dealing with your appeal.

If you have not received this letter from the Tribunal Service, then it suggests that that your appeal request was not processed correctly by the DWP, start by ringing the TS to confirm whether an appeal has been accepted, the following should allow you to identify the office likely to be dealing with your claim

courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/

If no appeal has been received then you will need to contact the DWP, phone the office that usually deals with the benefit you are appealing.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon. It looks like I'll have to gird my loins and phone them. My papers have gone to the Tribunal section. This has been confirmed to be by both the Job Centre and the people you send the papers to. I'll get onto it on Monday.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris