× Members

SG and household member working

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116658 by mariaz18
SG and household member working was created by mariaz18
Hello,

Could you please tell me how my fathers ESA SG will be affected as I will have a full time job earning 30K a year. I live with my father and he applied for ESA last March and was put into SG. He is claiming it as a couple with my mum included.

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116662 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SG and household member working

mariaz18 wrote: Hello,

Could you please tell me how my fathers ESA SG will be affected as I will have a full time job earning 30K a year. I live with my father and he applied for ESA last March and was put into SG. He is claiming it as a couple with my mum included.

Thanks for your help.

Your wages should not directly affect his benefit as you should not be considered as part of their household, however, any money you pay them in regard to rent or food, etc. may be so you really need to get face to face advice, it may not just be a question of you giving them money but how that money is labelled.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.