× Members

ESA assessment worries

• Joesbud24
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116660 by Joesbud24
ESA assessment worries was created by Joesbud24
Hi Everyone

I have been on ESA assessment since May 2013. I sent my form back on 17th July 2013 and have an appointment on the 12th February. I have Narcolepsy wth Cataplexy and Fibromyalgia and have been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety and have started having panic attacks when I go out, these were diagnosed after I had sent n my form. I have an appointment with the Mental Health Dr after my assessment date but feel that their input would be beneficial. I have waited so long for the appointment that I do not want to postpone it but I am also very panicky about going there even though I will have someone with me.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116666 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA assessment worries

Joesbud24 wrote: Hi Everyone

I have been on ESA assessment since May 2013. I sent my form back on 17th July 2013 and have an appointment on the 12th February. I have Narcolepsy wth Cataplexy and Fibromyalgia and have been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety and have started having panic attacks when I go out, these were diagnosed after I had sent n my form. I have an appointment with the Mental Health Dr after my assessment date but feel that their input would be beneficial. I have waited so long for the appointment that I do not want to postpone it but I am also very panicky about going there even though I will have someone with me.

Hi Jb24,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You are allowed to remake an ESA WCA Face to Face appointment once.

You should be able to do this if you so desire by contacting them by e-mail at : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you are to do this, it would be best to do so in writing, rather than over the phone, as you will then have written confirmation.

More information can be found here :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

If you don't wish to cancel, you could take copy of any fresh evidence that you may obtain beforehand to the F2F and hand it to the ATOS HCP.

You could also post copy FAO The ESA Decision Maker at the address of the Benefits Office on any ESA letters that you have.

If you can't obtain fresh evidence before the F2F it may certainly be worthwhile writing a resume of the situation, and any fresh diagnoses that you may have to the same address as you sent your ESA50 to, as well as The DWP ESA DM, and taking copy along to the F2F.

This FAQ may help with what to expect at the F2F :

ESA Medical – What to expect

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

• Joesbud24
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116668 by Joesbud24
Replied by Joesbud24 on topic ESA assessment worries
Thank you for your advice. Will they have contacted my Dr for an up to date report before my appointment or should I ask them for one myself x

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116670 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA assessment worries

Joesbud24 wrote: Thank you for your advice. Will they have contacted my Dr for an up to date report before my appointment or should I ask them for one myself x

Hi Jb24,

The DWP/ATOS may have sent an : ESA 113 Questionnaire to your G.P., but this is the exception, rather than the rule.

You could contact your G.P. reception to see whether an ESA113 has been issued, however DWP/ATOS are under no obligation to do so.

A letter of support from your G.P. giving details of the limitations that you suffer as a result of your medical conditions may help. However, we always advise that you should obtain such a letter as early on in the process as possible and send it with The ESA50.

If you can obtain one, you could copy ATOS/DWP in on this, as previously advised.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA FAQ’s

ESA Claims Guides

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.