× Members

NEW DLA APPLICATION FOR A CHILD

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116890 by mum0f6
NEW DLA APPLICATION FOR A CHILD was created by mum0f6
hi

just wondered if anyone had any experience or knowledge of claiming DLA for a child with Epilepsy. Does anyone know if they award on the basis of seizures and severe headaches. My daughter has been on medication since May 2013 but doesn't have regular seizures as it is controlled by her meds. Is it worth applying. I applied for my other daughter on the basis of a rare inflammatory condition but it was rejected then when she was diagnosed with autism as well it was a very quick approval.
thanks
Yvonne
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116891 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic NEW DLA APPLICATION FOR A CHILD

mum0f6 wrote: hi

just wondered if anyone had any experience or knowledge of claiming DLA for a child with Epilepsy. Does anyone know if they award on the basis of seizures and severe headaches. My daughter has been on medication since May 2013 but doesn't have regular seizures as it is controlled by her meds. Is it worth applying. I applied for my other daughter on the basis of a rare inflammatory condition but it was rejected then when she was diagnosed with autism as well it was a very quick approval.
thanks
Yvonne

Hi mof6,

Other members are most welcome to provide feedback regarding your query.

However, you should remember that with DLA, it is not so much the medical condition in itself that may warrant an award of Mobility and/or Care, moreover it is the resulting mobility limitations and/or care needs.

You have nothing to lose by making a DLA claim for your daughter, and all to gain. :)

You should make your claim whilst referring to the guides for Children's DLA Claims, 3rd/4th links on this page :

DLA Guides

See also : DRUK DLA for Under 16 Year Olds

&

www.gov.uk/government/publications/medic...ld-cases-staff-guide

Hope this helps. :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.