× Members

What Rate Should I be on

More
10 years 3 months ago #116990 by redgt9
Replied by redgt9 on topic What Rate Should I be on
I will reply again as soon as I can, thanks for the extra information and help..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What Rate Should I be on

redgt9 wrote: Hi Bro, thank you for your reply. Yes you don't have the full information because I wanted to try to keep it short. I was first placed into ESA WRAG CB but after me fighting to be placed into a Support Group I also asked to be placed into IR, they sent me the forms and after a while I telephoned them and asked what is happening and they said I was placed into IR.
Yes my wife wages was means tested but they said she don't earn enough to make any difference.
Yes I am getting the top up of an extra £5.00 to keep it the same as it was when I was on IB.

Yes I am certain I am in ESA IR SG, I hope I have answered what you wanted to know, again thank you for your help and time. I am very sorry if I have missed anything but it is not 10pm so I need to post this quickly.
Regards
Graham

I am afraid, based on your latest post you are not on Income Related ESA.

- The rates you quote for your current payments are for a single adult in the SG receiving ESA(CB).
- If you were transferred to ESA(IR) then you would have lost the Transitional Protection Payment.
- If you were on ESA(IR then this can only be claimed as a couple and your wife's income would be deducted £ for £. 12 Hours at Minimum Wage is around £72 which would have to be deducted from any ESA(IR) payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #117076 by redgt9
Hello again Gordon, first I'm very sorry for the delay I have not been online since last Friday night.

I will go back to the start if I may, please bear with me because this is rather long. Going back several years I was placed on IB from DB and then in 2011 I was placed on ESA CB WRAG with out any medical, because of my illness I had to fight that decision because I could not do the work focus interviews etc.
After the worry making my illness much worse and fighting what the DWP placed me into I ended up getting more Doctors on myside, then back last years I think it was June I was told DWP will look at it again, I was also sent a form (seemed like a book) to fill in which was an application for IR ESA. I sent that back with also my wifes wage slips which they asked for.

In August 2013 my Wife's wage slips came back with no letters or information, a couple of day's later I got a letter which I will let you know the payment details at the bottom.

At that time I was unshore what the letter ment so a couple of weeks later I Telephoned the DWP and asked them what it meant.
They told me my application for IR EAS was accepted and also I was placed into a Support Group and told me it was waiting to be actioned and said they owe me a large amount of money because I was placed into the wrong benefit from the start, I heard nothing else from them.
You might ask why I never contacted them, it's because I am scared of comunicating with them.

Llast week my wife was asked to go to a Work Focused Interveiw, she went and was ask about her work status, she was then told she don't need to be there because she works.

(Because I don't fully understand what is happening, this is why I joined you, to ask you for help).

Now I will go in to what money I get, this has not changed since the last letter from them dated back to 21st August 2013.
Word for word this is the page with the way the money is worked out:
How Employment and Support Allowance is worked out.
The Employment and Support Allowance Award

Your living expenses £71.00

Limiited capability for work

Extra money because you are in a Support Group £34.05

Which gives you a total Income-Related amount £105.05

Income and Benefits

No income will be taken off your Employment and Support Allowance

You Income-Related amount is £105.05 less £0.00 so you would of been
entitled to £105.05

However because you are entitled to Contribution-based Employment and
Support allowance we will pay you £110.85

Top-up payment
Included in your Employment and Support Allowance entitlement is a top-up
payment which ensures you won't see a reduction in the level of your benefit
entitlement as a result of the change to Employment ans Support Allowance

This is the last I have heard from the DWP and the same amount of money still goes into my Bank account every 2 weeks I have noticed it does mention CB and IR ESA, could that mean I am on both?
Again thanks for any help you can give me.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #117079 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What Rate Should I be on
redgt9

Thank you for your latest post, I am afraid that this just confirms that you are still only receiving Contribution Based ESA.

Based on your previous posts and specifically the fact that your wife works 12 hours a week I am not convinced that you are actually eligible for an Income Related ESA top-up to your ESA(CB), however, any decision on this will be made after a full evaluation of your personal (couple) circumstances which we cannot do on the forum.

My best advice is for you to get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can calculate the amount of benefits that you are entitled to taking into account ESA Premiums that may be due (the Disability Premium) and any income that you have as a couple. Do an internet search for "welfare" advice with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: redgt9

More
10 years 3 months ago #117080 by redgt9
Gordon and Bro thank you very much for your help and time with my problem, I will do as you say.
Again thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.