× Members

ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

• Rockman
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #116996 by Rockman
Hi.

Just a few questions that need answering re ESA.

1) In the members' area is a letter asking for your medical to be recorded. I'm at the stage where I'm making a new ESA claim. When do I submit this letter?

2) When making a new claim for ESA over the phone, do I have to explain all my specific issues, or is that done later on? Note: I failed some security questions and wasn't able to proceed! I'll call 'em back up later and try again.

Many thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #116998 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

Rockman wrote: Hi.

Just a few questions that need answering re ESA.

1) In the members' area is a letter asking for your medical to be recorded. I'm at the stage where I'm making a new ESA claim. When do I submit this letter?

2) When making a new claim for ESA over the phone, do I have to explain all my specific issues, or is that done later on? Note: I failed some security questions and wasn't able to proceed! I'll call 'em back up later and try again.

Many thanks.

1. Send the letter in with the ESA50 that you will be asked to complete and return to ATOS

2. I believe they ask for a general diagnosis of your condition(s) but will not expect you to go into detail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago #117000 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording
Hi Rockman,

Only basic information is required to start an ESA claim, this is what is taken over the phone. You will need to back this up with a sick-note and continuen providing these until aq decision has been made to award you main-phase ESA. At some stage in the future you will be sent an ESA50 form, this is where you need to supply in-depth information about your limitations. You can send the request for recording of the face2face assessment when you submit this.

While you are waiting for the ESA50 to arrive, you can have a look at the PDF version of the form and also familiarise yourself with our ESA guides

ESA claims and appeals

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Please come back to this topic if/when you have any further questions, it is very helpful for us if everything is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite, on your web browser now. Then all you have to do is hit the 'reply' button to make another post :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rockman

• Rockman
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117023 by Rockman
Replied by Rockman on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording
Thanks all.

Again, I was unsuccessful making a claim on the phone, as I again failed the security questions! Anyway, they are sending me a form to complete in the post.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117024 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

Rockman wrote: Thanks all.

Again, I was unsuccessful making a claim on the phone, as I again failed the security questions! Anyway, they are sending me a form to complete in the post.

It will be an ESA1, if it will help you can download a copy on the following

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...file/270934/esa1.pdf

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rockman

• Rockman
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117052 by Rockman
Replied by Rockman on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

Gordon wrote:

Rockman wrote: Thanks all.

It will be an ESA1, if it will help you can download a copy on the following

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...file/270934/esa1.pdf

Gordon

This might sound stupid, but can I just complete the .pdf and send it off without waiting for the hard copy ESA1? I don't want any delays if I can help it.

Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.