× Members

ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117054 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

Rockman wrote:

Gordon wrote:

Rockman wrote: Thanks all.

Again, I was unsuccessful making a claim on the phone, as I again failed the security questions! Anyway, they are sending me a form to complete in the post.

It will be an ESA1, if it will help you can download a copy on the following

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...file/270934/esa1.pdf

Gordon

This might sound stupid, but can I just complete the .pdf and send it off without waiting for the hard copy ESA1? I don't want any delays if I can help it.

Thanks.

Hi Rm,

Yes you can,

This will leave you with an exact copy.

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rockman
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117311 by Rockman
Replied by Rockman on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording
Just a few more newbie questions re ESA.

Do I send the fit note (Med 3) in with the initial claim form ESA1? Or do I enclose this with form ESA50?

By the time I send in the form, the original fit note will have expired. I will get a new fit note. Do I send this to the same address for form ESA1? If so, I assume send it with my name and NI?

P45 - I don't yet have this (from Self-employment). Will they hold the payment until I send it in? I have a feeling this may put the claim on hold.

Finally, assuming I'm accepted into assessment ESA, what's the average length of time until the first payment?

Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

• Rockman
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117316 by Rockman

Rockman wrote: Just a few more newbie questions re ESA.

Do I send the fit note (Med 3) in with the initial claim form ESA1? Or do I enclose this with form ESA50?

By the time I send in the form, the original fit note will have expired. I will get a new fit note. Do I send this to the same address for form ESA1? If so, I assume send it with my name and NI?

P45 - I don't yet have this (from Self-employment). Will they hold the payment until I send it in? I have a feeling this may put the claim on hold.

Finally, assuming I'm accepted into assessment ESA, what's the average length of time until the first payment?

Thanks.

Just to add re the P45. It seems as if you cease self-employment, I won't get a P45. If anyone has experience in this field, could you please advise?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117317 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording
Rockman

You need to send your first Fit Note with the ESA1, a current Fit Note is required for continued payment of the ESA Assessment rate so you will need to send further Notes to the DWP office dealing with your claim, this is not your local JC+ office, there should be an address on any letter you receive in regard to your claim, you should be able to get a new Note issued by your GP in advance of the previous one expiring (although it will still be dated for the day after the previous one expires).

A P45 should not delay payment as you do not need to be unemployed to receive ESA, just not being paid.

Payments usually start within 10-14 working days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago #117319 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Initial claim and medical recording

Rockman wrote: Just to add re the P45. It seems as if you cease self-employment, I won't get a P45. If anyone has experience in this field, could you please advise?

I am not 100% certain but I think you will need to make a signed declaration that you are no longer working while self-employed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Rockman
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117322 by Rockman

Gordon wrote:

Rockman wrote: Just to add re the P45. It seems as if you cease self-employment, I won't get a P45. If anyone has experience in this field, could you please advise?

I am not 100% certain but I think you will need to make a signed declaration that you are no longer working while self-employed.

Gordon

Upon further Googling, it seems that it's form B16.

Once again, thank you for your support. I'll drop in and keep everyone updated.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.