× Members

Atos continue to hold on to my ESA

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #117001 by twinkerzzz
Atos continue to hold on to my ESA was created by twinkerzzz
Hi
Atos received my ESA50 for renewal of my ESA claim in the first half of September 2013. It's now February 2014 - some five months later.

I phoned them prompted by a posting in this forum. They said they were undecided about if i was well enough to be called for a medical. They appeared to be waiting.

Meanwhile i sent them & dwp updated medical evidence in late December 13 which should, in my opinion, have caused a deferral onward of the case to the dwp decision maker to confirm a final decision for 2014. This still did not happen and Atos continue to hold onto my case.

Is this normal ? Is there any limit to their ability to retain a case pending....?

thanks
n
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #117006 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Atos continue to hold on to my ESA
Hi nicholson,

I'm afraid this situation is becoming more and more common, with claimants waiting many months for decisions. Their is no official limit on how long ATOS and DWP can take with this process I'm afraid.

We do suggest that claimants make their MPs aware of this situation. Even if they can't/won't help (and some do), at least they should be aware of how the system really is (or isn't) working!

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris