× Members

ESA WRAG and the work program

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #117100 by Silverina
ESA WRAG and the work program was created by Silverina
Hi,
I was wondering if you can tell me if I can be forced at my WFI to attend the work program,
Im currently in the wrag and receiving ESA because I have mental health problems, including auiditory and visual hullcinations, anxiety and sometimes violent behaviour. I cant go outside on my own, cant make my way to familiar or unfamiliar places, cant operate machines, tvs, computers when im hullcinating in fact im totally unaware of my surrondings when im hullcinating and the only thing i do respond to is my name as I have so many voices screaming it me already.
Can I be forced to attend a workprogram when this would be dangerous to myself and other people. Many Thanks :cheer:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #117123 by
Replied by on topic ESA WRAG and the work program

Silverina wrote: Hi,
I was wondering if you can tell me if I can be forced at my WFI to attend the work program,
Im currently in the wrag and receiving ESA because I have mental health problems, including auiditory and visual hullcinations, anxiety and sometimes violent behaviour. I cant go outside on my own, cant make my way to familiar or unfamiliar places, cant operate machines, tvs, computers when im hullcinating in fact im totally unaware of my surrondings when im hullcinating and the only thing i do respond to is my name as I have so many voices screaming it me already.
Can I be forced to attend a workprogram when this would be dangerous to myself and other people. Many Thanks :cheer:

Hi S,

As you have been placed into The WRAG, you have been assessed as being unfit for work, but fit enough to take part in Work Related Activity. (WRA)

You have Limited Capability for Work, (LCW, WRAG) but you have not been deemed to have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity. (LCWRA, The SG)

Therefore, you can be compelled to take part in WRA, under threat of sanction for non compliance.

WFI's can be deferred, or carried out over the phone, you cannot insist on this, but may wish to discuss this option with The JCP Adviser if you receive an appointment for a WFI.

With respect to WFI's and WRA they are supposed to take your limitations into account, and make reasonable adjustments
when making an action plan regarding WFI/WRA.

A supportive letter from your G.P. may help here.

See :

Work Focused Interviews

TheWork Programme

&

Changes to ESA Sanctions

As it seems from your earlier posts that you were placed in The WRAG some 8 months ago, it is still possible that you can make a late appeal to gain access to The SG (Late appeals can be made up to 13 months after the date of an adverse decision) using GL24 which can be downloaded from this page :

How to submit an appeal

There is also an ESA Appeals Guide on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

You would have to prove that you should have been placed into The SG instead of the WRAG, circa 8 months ago :

Qualifying for the Support Group

Where to get advice

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago #117126 by Silverina
Replied by Silverina on topic ESA WRAG and the work program
I will look into these options ty :silly:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.