× Members

How long is the wait for a PIP medical?

• joker1970
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #117117 by joker1970
How long is the wait for a PIP medical? was created by joker1970
Hi,i wonder if anyone has any info on how long you have to wait for a PIP medical with Atos,i applied for PIP on june 28th and DWP say everything was sent to Atos on july 29th i have contacted Atos who tell me that i am down for a home visit and i'm on the waiting so to speak,has anyone had any experience of the waiting times? i am in the herts area,cheers
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #117120 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long is the wait for a PIP medical?
Hi Joker and welcome to the forum.

On the assumption tthat you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid there is a huge backlog of claimants waiting both for PIP assessments and decisions :( From what I have heard, your case seems about par for the course.

On a positive note, if/when you are awarded PIP, payment will be backdated to the date you applied for it.

Please come back to this topic if you have any further questions. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, make it a favourite, on your web browser now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: joker1970

• Carrera74
10 years 3 months ago #117121 by Carrera74
Replied by Carrera74 on topic How long is the wait for a PIP medical?
I am in the PR area and was advised last week that there is up to a 4 month wait just to get a consultation appointment. That's not included it going to the case worker and then them processing it after the appointment. I am assuming it is different from area to area though.

• joker1970
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #117127 by joker1970
Replied by joker1970 on topic How long is the wait for a PIP medical?
cheers for the reply,i found out about the backlog from these forums some time ago so i was'nt holding my breath,looks like i'm in for a longer wait then :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris