× Members

DLA Change in Circumstances

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #117169 by lobsterpot
DLA Change in Circumstances was created by lobsterpot
I wonder if anyone can help?

I am in receipt of DLA for sometime and have been recently diagnosed with Diabetese also I am requiring more care at night (which was not the case when my last award was issued).

My question is would the facts outlined above mean my award be looked at under DLA Rules and procedures or would I be re-assessed by PIP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #117170 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Change in Circumstances

Nobby wrote: I wonder if anyone can help?

I am in receipt of DLA for sometime and have been recently diagnosed with Diabetese also I am requiring more care at night (which was not the case when my last award was issued).

My question is would the facts outlined above mean my award be looked at under DLA Rules and procedures or would I be re-assessed by PIP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

The only factor that matters is whether you are in an active PIP area, if you are then I would expect any C of C that can affect the award to result in an invitation to claim PIP.

If you are not, then in principle you should be re-assessed under DLA, however, there is no absolute guarantee of this.

The following has the current PIP areas

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #117171 by lobsterpot
Replied by lobsterpot on topic DLA Change in Circumstances
Hi Gordon,

It looks like i'm in a Capita area, but would an Indefinite Award make any difference?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago #117172 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA Change in Circumstances

Nobby wrote: Hi Gordon,

It looks like i'm in a Capita area, but would an Indefinite Award make any difference?

Hi N,

No, it wouldn't make any difference if you are in an active PIP area as advised by Gordon.

If you did not request a review due to a C of C, as your DLA award is indefinite, you should not be invited to claim PIP until sometime after October 2015.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago #117173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Change in Circumstances

Nobby wrote: Hi Gordon,

I am afraid not, it's only Indefinite if you do not notify a Change of Circumstances.

I would have a look at the PIP Claim guide to get a feeling for how strong a claim you might have for PIP.

Please be aware, once an invitation for PIP is issued there is no way to for you retain your DLA claim, it will be terminated even if you decide not to pursue the PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lobsterpot

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago #117174 by bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris