× Members

ESA

• Caz
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117277 by Caz
ESA was created by Caz
Hi I have been on contribution ESA since may last year I was told after 13 weeks i would be put into the work group or support group, I am still waiting my condition has got worse , I phoned both the job center and Atos and was told they are 8 months behind , I know its a way off but will my ESA stop once i have had my year . i have filled out the questionnaire thay send. Once you are put in a group you get an extra £30 , I can not work because of my disability it seems unfair i could have nothing just because thay are behind and iv lost all those extra £30
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Caz wrote: Hi I have been on contribution ESA since may last year I was told after 13 weeks i would be put into the work group or support group, I am still waiting my condition has got worse , I phoned both the job center and Atos and was told they are 8 months behind , I know its a way off but will my ESA stop once i have had my year . i have filled out the questionnaire thay send. Once you are put in a group you get an extra £30 , I can not work because of my disability it seems unfair i could have nothing just because thay are behind and iv lost all those extra £30

If you have not had an assessment yet, then you can send additional information about your deteriorated condition to ATOS at the same address as you sent the ESA50, I would also send it to the DWP, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker and finally, take a copy to any assessment and ask the assessor to read it before they continue with the interview.

If you are receiving Contribution Based ESA at the moment then your payments will stop after 365 days have passed (but not if you are receiving ESA(IR)), since the date you started your claim from, but you may be eligible for Income Related ESA which is based on household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are placed in the WRAG after assessment then you will receive back payments for the missed group component, but no further payments unless you are also eligible for ESA(IR).

If you are placed in the Support Group then you will receive back payments for the missed group component and on-going ESA(CB) payments from day 366 of your claim.

I would recommend you contact your MP for assistance, they may be able to get an assessment arranged.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caz

• Caz
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117775 by Caz
Replied by Caz on topic ESA
Thanks Gordon
is there anything i can do if my 365 days pass and i have not been put in a group iv herd ATOS is so far behind , im almost sure i would be put in the support group i have spinal cord damage affecting both hands and one leg.
Caz
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117779 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Caz wrote: Thanks Gordon
is there anything i can do if my 365 days pass and i have not been put in a group iv herd ATOS is so far behind , im almost sure i would be put in the support group i have spinal cord damage affecting both hands and one leg.
Caz

ESA(CB) payments will stop at the end of the 365 days unless you have been placed in the Support Group, however, you may also be eligible for ESA(IR) as advised in my previous post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.