× Members

PIP assesment on thurs

• loudavegaz
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117287 by loudavegaz
PIP assesment on thurs was created by loudavegaz
Hello everyone, I have to take my hubby to another one of these ridiculous assessments on thursday, Brief History, hubby has fibromyalgia as well as asthma exzema, arthritis and 6 slipped discs, was on higher rate DLA up til 3 years ago and then knocked off everything as he was classed as not in need of any benefits also was put in ESA WRAG, we appealed the ESA and won and awarded support allowance for 3 years, lost 4 appeals for DLA using same evidence as was used in appeal for ESA, the last appeal was more like a kangaroo court, hubby was so zonked out on meds (hes on morphine anti depressants and neuro suppressants max doseage that can be prescibed) He couldnt speak very well and hardly answered any of the questions because he couldnt remember things like how many times he needed the bathroom in one night 16 months ago and of course as we cannot find a legal representative I was not allowed to help him answer, he was crying in court with frustration, we got a complete refusal, despite all the medical evidence and reports from social workers ( we have had a stair lift fitted and a wet room with an special self cleaning toilet because he cannot do anything for himself with regards his personal needs) so now I am dreading thursday as the HCP will undoubtedley say there is nothing wrong with him and he needs no help we have been awarded 70 hours care per week also and respite care for me but ATOS have always said he doesnt need any of this help, any advice on how to get a fair report as I dont beleive there is ?? :sick: Thanks Louise xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assesment on thurs
loudavegaz

First of all have a look at the latest PIP Claim guide it has details of some of the questions asked during the PIP assessment.

Are you sure it is ATOS doing the assessment? There are two suppliers for PIP, ATOS and Capita.

The PIP assessment and qualifying criteria are very different from the DLA ones, it is perfectly possible for someone not to be qualified (legally) for DLA and be awarded PIP, and of course vice versa.

I am afraid that there is still too little significant information in the public domain for us to have formed a view of what works for PIP and what does not.

Good luck with the assessment and if you feel up to it, we would welcome any updates you could make on how it went.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

• porcorosso
10 years 2 months ago #117338 by porcorosso
Replied by porcorosso on topic PIP assesment on thurs
From my dealings regarding my PIP claim I am convinced it is a 'non' benefit. That is it's designed to be largely unawardable. The ridiculous time delays suggest that numerous assessments are having to be re-evaluated because they are passing too many claimants.

What destruction has been wrought on my life by my health problems have been finished off by the very system that is supposed to help me. I am broken.

• loudavegaz
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117655 by loudavegaz
Replied by loudavegaz on topic PIP assesment on thurs
Hello again everyone,
Well we went to the assessment, it was the same old same old, it was held at an outbuilding at North Manchester General Hospital by a young nurse who had been seconded as ATOS are struggling to get staff (her words)
Her first words were, why have you not provided any information to back up your claim!!!!! We sent in 11 letters in with the claim form from 4 consultants. social services, mental health services, occupation therapy, physiotherapy and the pain management clinic, as well as the decision letters that said we were eligible for all the adaptions and the care budget decision to allow my husband 70 hours care per week, we went through the usual jumping through hoops, what gets me every time is, if it is supposed to be an assessment of care and mobility needs why do they have to take his blood pressure and do a breath test and a sight test and make him do a mental arithmetic test??? this assessment took 2 hours and 50 mins, we were told we will get a phone call within 8 to 10 weeks with the decision, so we wait another 2 months, we did apply in July so by the time we get a decision it will have taken 9 months. I was under the impression that this new PIP was supposed to be all done and dusted in 15-16 weeks??, Thanks Louise

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.