× Members

Just received a letter re PIP

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117330 by Jude
Just received a letter re PIP was created by Jude
Hi,
My DLA expires at the end of June. I have received a letter telling me to call before the 10th of March, to make a claim for PIP. If I don't my DLA will be temporarily stopped! When I receive the PIP forms, can I had my own written information, explaining how I am unable to perform certain tasks like I have done with DLA claims previously?

Also re mobility. I get difficulty walking. Is it when the pain and discomfort kicks in that I state on the form and not this distance I can walk after using my sprays and inhalors for angina and asthma? Without my mobility allowence I would be totally housebound.
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117336 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Just received a letter re PIP
Hi amber,

Yes, it is important that you get the PIP forms submitted on time, otherwise your DLA award will be stopped.

As always, our guides will help you when filling in the forms. You will need to show which 'descriptors' you meet.

Are issues like pain, fatigue and safety taken into account for personal independence payment (PIP)?

PIP help for claimants

Please come back to this topic if/when you have further questions, it really helps us when everything is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite, on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dilys

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117337 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Just received a letter re PIP
Having had major brain surgery I am left with severe balance problems and my words can stick. I also have problems with my short term memory. Will I be able to explain all this or is it just a questionnaire for PIP? Really concerned.
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117340 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Just received a letter re PIP
I have moved this post into your existing topic so that all replies are kept in one place for you.

The PIP forms will have space for you to say what you want to, you can add as many extra pages as you need.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jude

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117344 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Just received a letter re PIP
Hi A,

It may help if you have a look at the information on the following three links :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP information, including PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

bro58

More
10 years 2 months ago #117345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just received a letter re PIP
Amber

Just to be clear, you must initiate a PIP Claim by phoning the DWP and this must be done before 10 March.

Unlike the ESA transfer claimants will not be sent the forms automatically, if they fail to initiate the claim within the four weeks allowed then their DLA payments will be suspended unless an extension has been granted, they will then have a further four weeks to start a claim after which their DLA award will be terminated from the date of the suspension.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jude, slugsta

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.