× Members

PIP-Can I speak on the phone on behalf of my son?

More
10 years 2 months ago #117357 by TTD
Hi,

My ASD son will be 16 in April. He's been on DLA for years, and we've had a letter saying that he'll have to speak on the phone to the DWP when he's eligible to claim for PIP.

Being ASD he can barely speak on the phone, and gets really anxious about it. Will the DWP speak to me on his behalf, and if so will this give them reason to say he can't get PIP because he wouldn't speak to them himself? I understand that he would have to say that he gives permission for me to speak on his behalf.

Thanks for any help you can give.

www.fmauk.org/forums Fighting for Freedom from Fibromyalgia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117360 by Puccalove
You would be able to speak on your sons behalf but they may wish to speak to him briefly to confirm consent. This would involve him answering some security question like his NI number and giving consent. To avoid him having to speak completely he could write to the DWP confirming that he gives you consent to speak for him on the phone. If he wishes you to continue to deal with his claim completely you could become his appointee. Again this would involve him requesting this in writing as well as subsequent paperwork and possibly a home visit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TTD

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117362 by bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.