× Members

ESA AWARDS

• traceylou
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117371 by traceylou
ESA AWARDS was created by traceylou
I have just successfully got my ESA Awarded again I have been placed in the support group thank goodness without a medical, I sent a very good letter from my GP and other reports I have several debilitating illnesses However the question I really need help with is once again I have only been awarded it for 15 months then I shall have to go through the agonising stress of doing it again!!
I was wondering if anybody recently has been awarded ESA Support Group for a longer period??? and should I ask for a re-consideration and if so could they reverse the decision. Any feed back would be appreciated as I do need a lot of help Many thanks...... :dry: :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117372 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA AWARDS

traceylou wrote: I have just successfully got my ESA Awarded again I have been placed in the support group thank goodness without a medical, I sent a very good letter from my GP and other reports I have several debilitating illnesses However the question I really need help with is once again I have only been awarded it for 15 months then I shall have to go through the agonising stress of doing it again!!
I was wondering if anybody recently has been awarded ESA Support Group for a longer period??? and should I ask for a re-consideration and if so could they reverse the decision. Any feed back would be appreciated as I do need a lot of help Many thanks...... :dry: :unsure:

Hi tl,

Congratulations on the SG award at reassessment !!

Can I ask how you know that the prognosis (the recommended length of the award before reassessment) of the SG award is 15 months ?

Prognoses range from 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months to 3 years. (which is the maximum)

How often will I be reviewed

If you have telephoned the DWP on the 0845 number and been told that your reassessment date is 15 months from the date of the SG award, it is likely that this is actually an 18 months prognosis.

This is because the reassessment process usually starts some 2-3 months before the end of a prognosis period.

You can not legally challenge the prognosis of any ESA award, as it does not actually form part of the award, and is merely a recommendation.

See also : ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117373 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA AWARDS
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your award. You must have done a very good job of filling in your form and collecting medical evidence to have been placed in the Support Group without medical as this is rather rare. You can be awarded the Support Group for up to three years. However asking for a reconsideration would open them up to looking at your entire claim again. This means your award could potentially be reduced, not that it's necessarily very likely. I can't tell you what to do but you need to think very carefully before you decide. It would probably be good to talk it over with an advisor such as from a CAB.

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117377 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA AWARDS
Hi tl,

Just to reiterate,

You can not ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration/Appeal with respect to the recommended length (The prognosis) of a WRAG or SG award of ESA.

Unlike the length of time given with a fixed term DLA award which does form part of the DLA award, and can be appealed, as previously advised, the prognosis does not form part of an ESA award legally, and cannot be appealed.

bro59

• andy
10 years 2 months ago #117381 by andy
Replied by andy on topic ESA AWARDS
I don't think it's all that rare. My wife and I were both placed in the Support Group for three years without face to face assessment. My wife has filled in two forms, this is her second lot of three years. Mine was from incapacity to ESA. Even with a three year award it's still hard to relax as you know the process will start all over again. Very hard to plan ones future.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.