× Members

esa support group

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117418 by maurice537
esa support group was created by maurice537
Hi
I was put in to support group middle of last year and asked the question how long does my assessment is for I was told there is no specific time limit and you could be asked to repeat the form filling after 12 months is this correct
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117419 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa support group
Hi maurice,

Unlike DLA, ESA is actually an indefinite award that can be reassessed at any time after 3 months has passed since the decision was made. The maximum length is 2 years in WRAg and 3 years in the Support Group. In practice a 'prognosis' is usually entered on the claimant's file and this is the length of the award, reassessment forms being sent out several months in advance.

If you wish you can phone DWP and ask for the prognosis, or write and request the paperwork associated with your claim.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

The issue is covered in this FAQ

How often will I be reviewed

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.