× Members

ATOS Untruths

More
10 years 2 months ago #117510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Untruths

Bluebear wrote: Following the Benefits Centre advising that they weren't sure whether they could continue to pay my brother's benefit after he couldn't turn up for work based interviews, he received a call...

They advised that they would make a Home Visit. But my mum took this call, so it's not clear whether this home visit is 'work based' or whether it's some kind of assessment to gauge his ability to work?

If it's a work based interview of sorts it will be pointless. My brother feels very strongly that participating in work based interviews or meetings of any kind is an acknowledgement of him being fit for work, which is something that he is not.

It is important that your brother understands that there is no question over his having to work, members of the WRAG are not required to work or even to seek work, nor will this visit be in regard to him being assessed for work, this can only be done through the WCA process.

However, while he is in the WRAG he is required to participate in any Work Related Activity providing that it takes into account any limitations that result from his conditions. A failure to participate can result in his benefit being sanctioned, whilst this Decision can be challenged it can take months to resolve and there is guarantee of success. Also, sanctions apply until the cause of the sanctio is resolved, so if he were sanctioned for failing to attend an appointment, then any sanction will remain in place until he attends that appointment, even if he participates in other WRA in the interim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.