× Members

Medical certificate processing delays, Basildon

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117452 by jesnork
Hi,
I am currently appealing against a WCA decision for ESA and have to send in regular med. certs.
My ESA was not paid on time this week and on ringing the Basildon benefits office I was told that my med cert. had only just been received, even though I posted it two weeks ago. I was also told it would take four days for my ESA payment to reach my bank account, therefore losing me four days of benefit money.
Has anyone come across this problem before i.e. being penalised for a processing delay of med certs at Basildon and why are they acting like a Bank?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117456 by Gordon
JS

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Whilst your payment will be late you should still receive the full amount providing that your Fit Notes do not have a break in the applicable dates.

If you have suffered any financial hardship due to the delay (bank charges etc.) and can show that the new Fit Note was supplied in plenty of time for the DWP to have processed it (certificate of posting, Recorded Delivery, etc.), then you may be able to claim the money back by making a complaint to the DWP.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117461 by jesnork
Thank you I have changed the full name.

I think you have misunderstood what i am saying. My normal two weekly payment is on a monday.
They have paid me four days later on a Thursday.
My next payment will be in two weeks form Thursday , which means I will have lost three days of benefits.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117462 by Gordon

jesnork wrote: Thank you I have changed the full name.

I think you have misunderstood what i am saying. My normal two weekly payment is on a monday.
They have paid me four days later on a Thursday.
My next payment will be in two weeks form Thursday , which means I will have lost three days of benefits.

Unfortunately the forum has just closed but to try and answer your question on the information posted.

The Thursday payment will be done manually by the DWP, your next payment should then be Monday week as normal. ESA payment dates are based on a claimants National Insurance Number not when they were last paid, so just because this payment is on a Thursday it does not mean that subsequent ones will also be moved.

I hope this explains it, but if not or you have further information then please post when the forum opens again at 8pm this evening.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 2 months ago #117463 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Medical certificate processing delays, Basildon
The best advice I can offer is to contact the office paying you benefit and ask why they have paid you four days later, resulting in your loss of 3 days benefit.

As moderators, we cannot give replies to questions on an individuals benefit.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.