× Members

Medical report from gp

More
10 years 2 months ago #117512 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical report from gp

Ben10 wrote: Hi my wife has phoned the practise manager about 4 times and she's still won't budge,she says that they will clarify all that is wrong with my wife but will only release a report if the tribunal asked for more information

The practice is entitled to refuse to produce a report or letter in regard to any appeal, but there should be no such refusal in regard to accessing your medical records.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ben10
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117514 by Ben10
Replied by Ben10 on topic Medical report from gp
Thanks pc,do you not get your records home with you?

More
10 years 2 months ago #117516 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic Medical report from gp
Ben 10
The records were some paper records and some electronic. Included all sorts of info such as all consultations with GP, test results and xray and scan reports, letters from consultants, etc. everything in fact that had been written about me and details of conversations with doctors. The GP admin manager stayed in the room with me and did not interfere but allowed me to ask for any assistance I wanted from her. Also, knowing I was ill, and not able to concentrate was allowed to take my husband who with my permission was also allowed access to the records. We were also told that for no extra charge we could come back on another day if we could not complete the search in one session.

With such a vast amount of information I needed to be selective about which items would be of use.

When we had selected what we needed, the admin manager copied paper records we wanted, and printed computer records. I think we were charged £20 to access the records, and a small payment for each printout. I got about 60 pieces of useful information to support my claim, which I have copied, filed and cross referenced for future use.

I hope this helps. Also, aware that Gordon has already informed you that the GP practice cannot refuse access to your records. Just be prepared that this will not be free of charge.

Best wishes

PC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben10

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 2 months ago #117520 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Medical report from gp
This link explains a patients rights to see their medical records be they your GP or hospital records.

It also explains what to do if something in your records are incorrect and how to correct this

An independent guide to accessing your NHS Medical Records

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.