× Members

Pip paper based report & no assessment

More
10 years 2 months ago #117504 by dayton
Hi everyone ,My wife was not asked to attend an assessment for pip and a paper based report was sent from atos back to dwp she suffers from early stages of huntingtons desease we where told after enquiring there,s 2 week backlog before we get a decision.what i was wondering is not being asked to an assessment likely to bring a positive decision?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117509 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Pip paper based report & no assessment
Welcome to the forum,

Is your forum name your real name? If so you might want to change this, info on how to do this can be found in the FAQs. PIP is a new benefit so it's hard to tell. But in my experience of other benefits, such as, ESA no medical is good. It means they have enough info to make a decision from the form. This presumably means they accept your account of her condition and her entitlement is clear. Medicals are used if more info is considered to be needed.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Puccalove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), dayton

More
10 years 2 months ago #117511 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Pip paper based report & no assessment
Keep us posted, fingers crossed!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.