× Members

ESA/DLA

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117556 by Girona
ESA/DLA was created by Girona
Hi there. Wondering if DLA and ESA medical teams talk to each other ( Northern Ireland) Had recent medical for ESA and placed in Support Group. DLA have refused claim based on writing to GP who may not be aware of difficulties. Have asked for reconsideration from DLA as I have now been placed in SG.
Thanks
Girona
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/DLA

Girona wrote: Hi there. Wondering if DLA and ESA medical teams talk to each other ( Northern Ireland) Had recent medical for ESA and placed in Support Group. DLA have refused claim based on writing to GP who may not be aware of difficulties. Have asked for reconsideration from DLA as I have now been placed in SG.
Thanks
Girona

It is not unusual for the DLA unit to use a negative ESA report to disallow a DLA claim, there are arguments as to whether this is valid or not, but they do not tend to use them when the ESA report is positive, this does not prevent you using it as evidence.

However, there are only a few points where they cross over, the obvious one being for mobility, where the ESA test is more strict than the DLA one, apart from that the only other is incontinence, which will only be of help in part in regard a DLA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117560 by Girona
Replied by Girona on topic ESA/DLA
So you think that being placed in the SG may be helpful in my reconsideration for DLA?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Puccalove.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117561 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA/DLA
It depends on which Support Group descriptors you met and whether they can be used to show that you have care and/or mobility needs.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Girona

More
10 years 2 months ago #117565 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA/DLA
I have had clients who have been denied DLA based on being denied ESA. However I have never had a client who has been awarded DLA based on being given ESA. This is a double standard on their part. If you try to use your ESA award as evidence of DLA entitlement they are likely to lean on the fact that they have different criteria. However any medical evidence you gathered for your ESA claim may help with your DLA claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Girona

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.