× Members

Second PIP Assessment

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117557 by waqqy
Second PIP Assessment was created by waqqy
Hi guys

I was wondering if its normal to have a second PIP assessment, I've been chasing CAPITA for 6 months to get an update on my report, as my first assessment was done middle of last year. I all of a sudden get a letter on Saturday to say I need to be seen again at home, I rang them and got told it's probably because they need more info.

I've read online that people have lost reports etc and they've needed to do the assessment all over again, I gave a really big back to the assessor when he came to see me an all were originals :( so dont have any copies.

Is this normal ? anyone else experienced this

Many thanks
W
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117563 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Second PIP Assessment
waqqy

Hopefully your documentation has not been lost, but for anybody else reading this, never ever supply the original of a document unless specifically required to do so and always take a copy first.

It is very unusual for a second assessment to be required, however, there is no "normal" in regard to PIP at the moment. Many early assessment reports were audited by both the assessment company and the DWP and if I had to guess a reason, it would be that the report had failed this audit and that is why a new assessment is required.

In regard the documents, I would contact Capita and request a copy of the documents be sent to you, it is not normal practice for these to be returned after a Decision is made, so you really need to get a them back for any future claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: waqqy

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #117567 by waqqy
Replied by waqqy on topic Second PIP Assessment
Hi Gordon

Thanks for your response

It's so frustrating, its taken this long after calling them every other week.

To be honest, the original documents arrived from the hospital an hour or so before the assesor came, and didnt have enough time to get around to copying them.

I also thought the assessment was very brief when he came, it was done within 15-20 minutes. Have to go through the whole process of feeling nervous and anxious again :( boohoo.

I'll ask my consultant to send copies again, he's pretty good with sending stuff out. Still got 3 weeks before I see them again.

Thanks for your help again, I just hope that after this, I'm not going to go, to the back of the queue again, and have to wait another 6 months

Cheers
Waqqy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.