× Members

esa waiting times advice needed please

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117640 by cossack
Hi,

Made a claim for esa in Oct 2013. Med quest filled in and sent back by the date given - 11th Dec. ATOS confirmed they've received it.

Know I've only been waiting 3 months, which is nothing compared to some people on this forum, but have been informed by my local job centre that in July my esa will stop under the 365 day rule.

I know my NI contributions will still be made if ATOS haven't assessed me by July. Given their HUGE backlog, I have very little faith that this will be done.

What, if anything can I do, other than ringing ATOS which I have been doing, because I want to avoid this scenario if at all possible. ATOS tell me that I haven't even been looked at and they can't tell me when I will be.

Should have said that I have MS, diagnosed in Feb 2003 and now in the 'secondary progressive' stage. Medically retired out of the teaching profession after 23 years, nearly two years ago.

Needless to say, have submitted EVERY piece of med evidence available from my neurologist.

Don't want to get my local MP involved but if time does drag on into July, I feel I might not have other option which I know some mod have advocated on this forum - you do a great job and provide an excellent service, thank you
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117643 by

cossack wrote: Hi,

Made a claim for esa in Oct 2013. Med quest filled in and sent back by the date given - 11th Dec. ATOS confirmed they've received it.

Know I've only been waiting 3 months, which is nothing compared to some people on this forum, but have been informed by my local job centre that in July my esa will stop under the 365 day rule.

I know my NI contributions will still be made if ATOS haven't assessed me by July. Given their HUGE backlog, I have very little faith that this will be done.

What, if anything can I do, other than ringing ATOS which I have been doing, because I want to avoid this scenario if at all possible. ATOS tell me that I haven't even been looked at and they can't tell me when I will be.

Should have said that I have MS, diagnosed in Feb 2003 and now in the 'secondary progressive' stage. Medically retired out of the teaching profession after 23 years, nearly two years ago.

Needless to say, have submitted EVERY piece of med evidence available from my neurologist.

Don't want to get my local MP involved but if time does drag on into July, I feel I might not have other option which I know some mod have advocated on this forum - you do a great job and provide an excellent service, thank you

Hi c,

As you may or may not be aware, there are major problems with ATOS and The ESA WCA, see :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2638-bene...nment-contract-early

&

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2645-all-...dicals-to-be-stopped

If you are entitled to and in receipt of CB ESA only at the ESA assessment rate, payment of this will cease after 365 days.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

I fear that contacting ATOS will have little effect, and that your only way forward may be to contact your M.P. sooner rather than later.

Contacting your MP

Of course, it is your decision on how to progress. :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

More
10 years 2 months ago #117645 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic esa waiting times advice needed please
Thanks for getting back to me so speedily, much appreciated and in my 'heart of hearts', knew what you were going to say. Cheers

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.