× Members

From JSA to Support

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117676 by William
From JSA to Support was created by William
My son has mental health problems for many years. He was having problems at interviews etc. He got too ill to look for work so I applied on his behalf for ESA. He was put in the work group and still struggled despite help from his adviser . After a year and another medical he was declared fit for work and his ESA stropped. It was at this point I discovered benefits and work forums. Encouraged by the newsletters and other posts I appealed. We won the appeal and he was re instated in the work group. 2 months ago he received a letter from the DWP telling him he had been moved to the support group. I believe this only happened because I never gave up writing to them and the fact that his GP did likewise.
Thank you for this fantastic site, there is so little help out there apart from you
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117678 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From JSA to Support
William

Congratulations on your perseverance and thank you for your comments on B&W.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117681 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic From JSA to Support
Hi W,

Well done on fighting your son's corner, and gaining the correct award of ESA for him.

Thanks for your kind words regarding B&W.

bro58 :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #117683 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic From JSA to Support
That's great news, it shows that perseverance can pay off. Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago #117722 by William
Replied by William on topic From JSA to Support
Thanks everyone. It is only now I understand how drainingu dealing with the DWP. can be. But it was worth it . I can only say to others you need to keep trying and not to let them brow beat you. The actual appeal was quite straight forward and the appeal judge and doctor very sympathetic. But it is essential to have letters from your doctor or hospital to back up the claim.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.