× Members

Thank you B&W, renewal received

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117682 by vickyd
Thank you B&W, renewal received was created by vickyd
I have never posted on here before, however I have been a subscriber for some time now. Following a lengthy reconsideration process in 2012 (6 months) I was awarded LRC and HRC, until June 2014. I received a renewal pack early February asking me to re-apply, this as you all know can be a worrying time. Nevertheless, I filled in my form, alongside the information from B&W,I also sent in 7 pages of extra information and supporting medical evidence concerning my conditions. This is something I did not do initially so I wanted to send everything possible at this point. I have Systemic Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Kindey Disease, Progressive anaemia and Ulcerative Colitis. All in all it took me over 23 hours in total to complete everything and I sent it special delivery to ensure it would not "go missing". I left no stone uncovered and detailed every part of my daily living.

2 weeks later I received a phone call from the decision maker, who was such a lovely lady and I have been awarded the same rate but it is now an indefinate award. I received the letter today also and I was tearful as I have been refused three times. I cannot thank you enough, your information is very supportive when completing the dreaded form. If anybody is thinking of giving up , please keep trying. I have been in many distressed states over this and certainly through the reconsideration process but it has proved that by providing medical evidence, extra information and this site you should receive what you are genuinely entitled to. Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117684 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Thank you B&W, renewal received

vickyd wrote: I have never posted on here before, however I have been a subscriber for some time now. Following a lengthy reconsideration process in 2012 (6 months) I was awarded LRC and HRC, until June 2014. I received a renewal pack early February asking me to re-apply, this as you all know can be a worrying time. Nevertheless, I filled in my form, alongside the information from B&W,I also sent in 7 pages of extra information and supporting medical evidence concerning my conditions. This is something I did not do initially so I wanted to send everything possible at this point. I have Systemic Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Kindey Disease, Progressive anaemia and Ulcerative Colitis. All in all it took me over 23 hours in total to complete everything and I sent it special delivery to ensure it would not "go missing". I left no stone uncovered and detailed every part of my daily living.

2 weeks later I received a phone call from the decision maker, who was such a lovely lady and I have been awarded the same rate but it is now an indefinate award. I received the letter today also and I was tearful as I have been refused three times. I cannot thank you enough, your information is very supportive when completing the dreaded form. If anybody is thinking of giving up , please keep trying. I have been in many distressed states over this and certainly through the reconsideration process but it has proved that by providing medical evidence, extra information and this site you should receive what you are genuinely entitled to. Thank you

Hi vd,

So you are one of our "silent members" then !! :)

Well done on attaining the indefinite DLA awards at renewal, and thanks for taking the time to let us all know.

As your DLA award is now indefinite, you should not expect to be invited to claim PIP until sometime after October 2015.

The way things are going with PIP, it could be considerably later than that.

Thank you very much for your comments regarding B&W, they are much appreciated.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.