× Members

thank you to benefits and work forum

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117701 by 0124katee
thank you to benefits and work forum was created by 0124katee
Thank you for all the information. A great help to me from all the articles by Benefits and work authors. I was declined ESA after receiving the old incapacity benefit since 1996, and told to go to appeal at tribunal. I followed the info provided on website to the letter, and appealed on the grounds I was no better than earlier last year when I had previously been assessed, and thus was appealing on both grounds of physical and mental health - anxiety, issues. I was awaiting to hear when tribunal would be, and what a surprise, DWP wrote to me and said they were putting me in the Support group, they had previously classed me in the Work related group, and they had paid arrears from last year into my bank account. the tribunal has been cancelled. So that was a real welcome notification, I am not sure how long I will keep on their records like this, but I was surprised they upturned the Appeal of their own accord.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117702 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic thank you to benefits and work forum

0124katee wrote: Thank you for all the information. A great help to me from all the articles by Benefits and work authors. I was declined ESA after receiving the old incapacity benefit since 1996, and told to go to appeal at tribunal. I followed the info provided on website to the letter, and appealed on the grounds I was no better than earlier last year when I had previously been assessed, and thus was appealing on both grounds of physical and mental health - anxiety, issues. I was awaiting to hear when tribunal would be, and what a surprise, DWP wrote to me and said they were putting me in the Support group, they had previously classed me in the Work related group, and they had paid arrears from last year into my bank account. the tribunal has been cancelled. So that was a real welcome notification, I am not sure how long I will keep on their records like this, but I was surprised they upturned the Appeal of their own accord.

It does happen although rarely. many congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0124katee

More
10 years 2 months ago #117704 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic thank you to benefits and work forum
That's great news Katee, thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

My own award was also transferred from WRAG to Support Group on reconsideration.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0124katee

More
10 years 2 months ago #117714 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic thank you to benefits and work forum
I shall be ever gratefull to B&W for their wonderful guides, which helped me to be put in the SG without a a medical. Without these guides I would have found it far more difficult to navigate minefield that is the ESA50. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.