× Members

If Forced off ESA onto JSA: -

• Jeanne Marshall
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117737 by Jeanne Marshall
If Forced off ESA onto JSA: - was created by Jeanne Marshall
:cheer: If all else fails and you are forced onto JSA try what I'm doing. I've signed off ESA myself to claim JSA. I'm much better than I was and if I stayed on ESA I would almost certainly be put on the WRAG. So on 3rd October 2013 I signed on the Dole on my terms and conditions which are (1) I sign on once and then that's it I don't sign anything again until my circumstances change; no more fortnightly interviews and (2) I don't go looking for work - work comes looking for me. Of course my claim was refused but I've appealed and is now in the Courts. I've had to live with no money but I've just about managed. I told the Jobcentre I can work 16 hours a week but no more due to health reasons. That entitles me to JSA. I'm optimistic about winning.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117741 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic If Forced off ESA onto JSA: -

Jeanne Marshall wrote: :cheer: If all else fails and you are forced onto JSA try what I'm doing. I've signed off ESA myself to claim JSA. I'm much better than I was and if I stayed on ESA I would almost certainly be put on the WRAG. So on 3rd October 2013 I signed on the Dole on my terms and conditions which are (1) I sign on once and then that's it I don't sign anything again until my circumstances change; no more fortnightly interviews and (2) I don't go looking for work - work comes looking for me. Of course my claim was refused but I've appealed and is now in the Courts. I've had to live with no money but I've just about managed. I told the Jobcentre I can work 16 hours a week but no more due to health reasons. That entitles me to JSA. I'm optimistic about winning.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I think you have fundamentally misunderstood how JSA works and I am not surprised that your claim was refused, I have to say I am confused as to why somebody who apparently qualified for ESA and payment, would then attempt to claim JSA with these provisions and expect to be paid.

To be clear to anybody reading this, this approach will not work!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeanne Marshall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.